Hi Blog Peeps,
Well this morning when I switched on my email I got a big surprise. Over night I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by dmauldin53. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU firstly for reading my blog, and second for thinking of me for your nomination. You can see the post here My 2nd Versatile Blogger Award.
My first thought was “I’d like to thank God, my mother, oh and What’s His Name”, then my second thought was “What on earth is a Versatile Blogger award anyway?”. So I Googled that, and found these rules…
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
OK so number 1&2… check
Number 3… Do I need 15? Do bloggers that have already got one want it again? I have no idea what the etiquette is with this? I’ll try to nominate bloggers who don’t appear to have one already I guess. Here are my nominations (in no particular order, so don’t get all snarky people)…
1. Papa Angst – Chronicles of a Stay At Home Dad. I love this blog. Seriously, check it out. Latest post is here Out of Orbit
2. Other Nations – I learn all sorts of interesting stuff about all sorts of interesting creatures from reading this blog. I’m going to be a nature trivia expert soon. The latest post is about how different creatures navigate the earth without GPS. I know! Fascinating right? Check it out here Navigation by Sun, Sea, and Stars: How Animals Know Where They’re Going
3. Code for Confession – A blog I’ve just started following. Kristen does some great things with the WordPress challenges. Check out the latest one Weekly Writing Challenge: Mind the Gap
4. The Real Full House – A very inspiring blog if ever I read one. Latest post is here Goodnight!
5. Knit the Hell Out – I like to knit and crochet (but let’s save that for the next section). This blog is awesome for that and Cassy certainly is versatile, you should check out some of the stuff she’s made. Here’s a cardigan I particularly like The most delightful breeze.
And I’m just going to go with those 5 because everyone else I’d nominate seems to already have one, or even two.
Number 4 – 7 things about me
1. I like to knit and crochet, I especially love making toys
2. I love playing the Lego games on the Xbox. Lego Harry Potter, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, all great fun.
3. I HATE mosquitos, and I love the sound of them getting fried in the bug zapper, zzzzzzz, that was a big one! Otherwise I’m a bit of a greeny, oh except for head lice, death to all head lice. OK maybe not so much of a greeny, but I do cloth nappy my baby, I reckon I get points for that.
4. I’m scared of snakes. I almost trod on one and it chased me and I fell down and got up again and ran a long way and almost died… phew (I should write a post about that, where’s my note pad?)
5. I love trashy ‘reality’ shows. Some of my favourties… Teen Mom, Dance Moms and anything about people with freaky medical conditions (watched one about a turtle boy last night, woah, that poor kid had a mole like a turtle shell, but he got it surgically removed and was turtle no longer *sigh)
6. When my middle child was little he used to go to the shops in his Jedi cape and use ‘the force’ to open the automatic doors. At dinner my Dad would say “Use the fork William” and we all laughed, but he didn’t get it, until recently. He still doesn’t use his cutlery, where am I going with this?
7. I hate chick flicks and I love things like The Matrix, X-Men, Batman and LOTR. Chick flicks are boring.
Well, that’s all folks! My very first award thingy all wrapped up.
Thanks for sticking with it until the end of this post (there should actually be an award for that, the “I made it through” award maybe? Anyway, you just won it, congrats!).